If your business is a little slow this summer, use the time wisely. Get ready for the recovery because it is coming, but the path is uncertain and is likely to have ups and downs instead of a predictable upward climb.
Here are 5 things every business should be doing:
1) Evaluate workflow processes from start to finish. Figure out where
2) Build and extend reporting mechanisms to allow the quickest access to the most critical data and genuine
3) Invest to beat the competition. Be prepared to provide better customer service, better response times, better shipping times, etc., etc. You can't afford to be second best.
4) Invest in the right technologies to allow you to adjust quickly to fluctuations without expensive hiring decisions. Make sure the applications are easy to use and quick to implement. Focus on quick wins with obvious ROI, such as
5) Figure out how to use what you have. 92% of employees under-utilize business applications. Push the limits, ask for
By RSM McGladrey -