(For Version: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Locking/ Spinning of
This is a prevalent problem for
Increased in-activity of users for a longer time causes disturbance in work flow and frayed tempers. Locking/ Spinning is something, when multiple processes trying to access the same content from the same table that causes a freeze in NAV client for the users. This leads to a delayed response from server or, sometimes it could even turn worse of NAV client being unresponsive for a longer time, leading to a server restart.
- to help administrator to identify and kill the locking sessions.
- not interrupt other user’s activity.
- no need to restart the SQL service and / or SQL Server.
- Simple process and can be handled by the admin personnel.
- Improved user experience, by saving their in-progress work.
- Saves production hours and in turn dollars.
By Jean Martin