On December 20, 2016,
Setting up the 2SEE system is as simple as associating each
To begin, technicians will be able to select the appropriate appointment and head out to customer site
While on site, each technician is able to record videos or take photo snapshots through their eyeglasses. Many use this technology to narrate steps they are taking to resolve the issue, take photos of other issues that need to be fixed, record before and after footage, and more.
Within the system, you’ll see all of the content captured by the smart glasses within the last 7 days. Each photo can be enlarged, or selected to see accompanying notes or comments, and by clicking on video stills, you will open a full screen view of the captured video.
Technicians and managers have the option to choose which media files are included in the final report to the customer. Once the appointment is marked as complete, those files are then sent through an automatically generated hyperlink to the customer.
Managers can view all the data in their portal. Groups of photos are tagged with service call ID and are grouped by technician, service call, and service location.
Senior technicians or foreman
Senior techs and foreman can help new or inexperienced techs in real-time through this technology. An on-site tech can call their supervisor through the system. Once the supervisor accepts the call, that person immediately has access to the techs view through the smart glasses.
This capability allows senior techs to perform remote training and support without being on the job site, reducing wait times and costs per job. Managers can also see every tech that is logged in and what job they’re currently working on.
- Drive additional revenue by recording images and videos of additional issues that need to be fixed. Many customers will agree to additional work after they physically see the issue.
- Resolve insurance disputes quicker when you’re able to record the job site as proof.
- Use video recordings for job site safety inspections, ensuring your technicians are following safety protocol.
- Enable more experienced techs to assist younger techs without having to go to several job sites
- No waiting for backup assistance at the job site
- No need to send out another truck
- Allow the more inexperienced technician to learn by physically doing the work, all while being instructed by someone more knowledgeable
The Future is Now
Imagine all the ways this technology could revolutionize your field service business. If you have KEY2ACT MobileTech currently, this technology will be available during your December upgrade. If you don’t have KEY2ACT, make sure to
By Sabrina Zimara, DFC Consultants