One of the features of
The first thing we notice about this error is that it does not name the “Calendar” that is causing the error, but instead provides the RecId used by AX. Unfortunately, this is not helpful for most users who may end up assuming that AX is referring to the calendar used on the ledger which would be incorrect. If you proceeded down the path of ensuring the ledger calendar was open, you would still receive the error.
To resolve this error, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to: USMF/Fixed assets/Common/Fixed assets
- Highlight the fixed asset in question.
- Click “Value models”
2. Now, note the “Value model” attached to the asset.
3. Navigate to: USMF/Fixed assets/Setup/Value models
- Highlight the “Value model” you noted in step 2 and note the name of the calendar in use.
4. Navigate to: USMF/General ledger/Setup/Fiscal calendars
- Highlight the “Calendar” you noted in step 3 and expand the tree to see the years that are setup. In this case you’ll notice that our reversal date was in 2016 which is not setup.
5. With the calendar name highlighted, click the “New fiscal year” button to create a new year 2016.
- Review the information displayed for the new year and if OK, click create or modify as necessary.
6. Now that the new year has been created, you will be able to process your fixed asset reversal!
Tridea Partners 858.755.3700 or [email protected]
By Matthew Caffrey, AX Application Consultant at Tridea Partners. Tridea is a Microsoft Dynamics Partner
by Tridea Partners