Microsoft has released a tax table update for the North Dakota tax reduction. It is a tax table change for
Below are frequently asked questions about this update. Please
1. Do I have to install the ND Tax Update?Installing the update is optional, but a good idea. Installing this update does not require you to change wages already paid.
2. You say effective Jan 1, 2015. How will this act when loaded? Will it try and recalculate withholdings? Will it just be an affect going forward?
All changes apply from now going forward. Microsoft used effective Jan. 1 because that is the wording from the ND government.
2015 Legislative Changes
In Senate Bill 2349, the 2015 North Dakota Legislature reduced the income tax rates for individuals. The reduced rates will apply to tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2015. The information in this booklet and the separate withholding tables have been updated to reflect the reduced income tax rates. While updating payroll systems to reflect the changes is optional for the 2015 calendar year, employers are encouraged to update their payroll systems as soon as they are able to do so. Employers that choose to update their payroll systems for the remainder of the 2015 calendar year are not required to make any adjustment to the North Dakota income tax withholding returns already filed or to employees' paychecks already issued. Also, employers are not required to adjust the amount of North Dakota withholding from future wages paid in 2015 to account for any overwithholding that might have occurred with respect to previously issued paychecks.
3. What is my authorization number to install the update?
In a majority of cases, the authorization number is your business telephone number, but Microsoft has started to change it with new contracts. So we would want to double check the number listed on CustomerSource. If your authorization number doesn't work you can contact DFC and we can just use ours.
4. Does this require me to be on a specific service pack?
No, you can install the tax update on any version of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, 2013, or 2015. You do not need to download a specific version from the Microsoft website - just use the Automatic tax updater as referenced below.
5. Does this need to be installed on all workstations?
No. You should run the update on the server, if possible, to avoid any potential issues, but once it has been run once, that is all that is needed.
6. Do we need this every year when we do the year end payroll tax updates?
Most years we don't have to do mid-year tax updates, but it's all dependent on changes from the IRS or state.
Have more questions about the North Dakota tax table update?
by DFC Consultants