As you might know, Microsoft's largest user conference, Convergence took place this week with record attendance topping 10,000. Management Reporter 2012 was much-anticipated and some of its features are going to really get you excited (well, as excited as you can be about ERP Financial Reporting software). I was going to miss my FRx (the current financial reporting tool for Dynamics), but with MR 2012, I think I'll miss it a little less.
Check out the details on the next release of Management Reporter (the future for any Dynamics users on FRx).
Management Reporter 2012 new features overview
Report Design Flexibility
- Quickly identify accounts/dimensions that have been omitted from report building blocks
- Format headers for rolling forecasts
- Easily save and reuse dimension combinations when designing reports
- Control how dimension descriptions are formatted and displayed
Financial Report Collaboration
- Usability enhancements to make Report Groups more discoverable by providing access from the navigation pane.
- Schedule reports to generate on a periodic basis.
- Publish to a read-only (.XPS) report format.
- Publish reports to multiple Microsoft SharePoint® or any network location.
- Publish a personalized Microsoft Excel® (.xlsx) file.
- Personalized and secured view of data for all output types.
- E-mail reports via SharePoint alerts.
- E-mail a link to a report from within the Report Viewer.
Interactive Report Viewing
- Quickly create a chart based upon selected report rows and columns.
- Locate key features in Report Viewer with an enhanced toolbar.
- Jump to key areas of the report for fast analysis.
- Find a key value in a report, such as an account value or description.
- Easily page within a report.
- Add comments to important rows in a report version.
- Copy comments from one version of a report to another.
- Collaborate on a report by providing a link to the current report and selected row when launching an instant messenger client from within a report.
Deeper Microsoft ERP Integration
- Drill from account and budget balances on a report to related information.
- Display or filter on properties of dimensions and transactions to design more precise financial reports.
- Automatically integrate company information.
If you're intrigued, sign up for our upcoming