Actually, you can do this for other reports in
- You will need to have two reports in the modified section of Report Writer. One will be SOP Blank Invoice form for example, that you have already modified, and the one you want to copy it to, such as SOP Blank Options Invoice Form.
- Under Microsoft Dynamics GP dropdown select Tools/Customize, Customization Maintenance.
- Export each report individually to your desktop, for example, with naming to identify each report clearly.
- Open each report in Microsoft Notepad (the Open With option).
- Copy the first two lines of the report you would like to overwrite – in this example take the first two lines from the SOP Blank Options Invoice Form from the opened Notepad file :
<Component ProductId="0" Object="Report" >Report "SOP Blank Options Invoice Form"
6. And copy these two lines to overwrite the same exact section of the SOP Blank Invoice Form.
7. Close the SOP Blank Options Invoice Form
8. Save the SOP Blank Invoice Form “as” the SOP Blank Options Invoice Form
9. Re-import the SOP Blank Options Invoice Form and provide proper security.
10. Open the new report format in Report Writer to make additional changes if necessary.
Contributed by Lisa Armstron Croteau, Microsoft Dynamics GP Senior Consultant at SSi Consulting.