4. How to review Google Analytics data for the blog ( Username: erpsoftwarebloggers Password: greatplains )
5. Important training call showing how to optimize for vertical markets.
Executive Summary of the Videos Above
To create a blog post that gives you the most "bang for the buck" do these eight things:
1. Write an article that provides useful information to prospective buyers of your product. It should not have duplicate content scraped from Microsoft PDFs but it can be a rewrite or a summary of a good PDF provided by Microsoft. Or it can be a rewrite (but not a copy) of an article on your home site.
2. Give that article a great headline with compelling copy and a few targeted keywords.
3. Put hyperlinks in your post that link back to your site. The links should be on phrases that include relevant keywords that match the content of the page you link back to on your site. You should not exceed one link per 100 words in the post, otherwise the post will look like “link spam”.
4. The pages on your site that you link to should be optimized with similar keywords in the title tag, description tag, headlines and page text.
5. Do not provide more than one link to any one target page on your site from one post. If you do provide multiple links to the same target page only the first link will count for SEO.
6. Write a good tag line at the bottom of your post that includes some geographic or vertical specific keywords such as. "If you are looking for
7. Make sure you categorize and tag your post with the appropriate category for your blog so it gets accessed by search spiders after it falls from the first page.
8. After posting, make sure all of your links work properly by clicking on them in the post preview or published post.